Saturday, November 29, 2008

What is Alyson thankful for?

My family..of course, they are wonderful and are always there when I need them. I'm especially thankful for my mom for being so strong to fight through all of her illnesses. Therefore I am especially thankful for my dad for being there to support my mom the way he does. We joke that earlier this year his name was nurse Don. That still cracks me up, but its so true. I am REALLY thankful for Kyra. She is a gift from God and he gave to me at just the right time in my life. She is the most wonderful blessing of all.

Next, I am thankful for the church and the gospel. I had a bit of a break and am sooooo glad to be back in and learning the truth! Its great to be able to have living prohets that give us the guidance we need to be back with Him someday.

I am very thankful to be living in the United States of America. I am greatful for opportunities this nation gives us. I am thankful for the soldiers fighting for this country. I believe that we live in the greatest nation ever and are living in the best times to live.

Now, on a not so serious note, I am thankful for the technology to express what I am most greatful for online for you to read. I am thankful for my sweet dogs and cat that are there everyday so excited when I walk in the door. I am thankful for my job to be able to work from home and watch Kyra grow up. I have not missed a beat with her and I would not trade that for the world. I am thankful for my brother and his girlfriend being there whenever I do need that break, lol.

I am really thankful for the primary children. I love sitting in Relief Society and listening to them sing their sweet songs. I will always melt when I hear certain primary songs. I am greatful for the nursery leaders. Without them, I could not ever pay attention in class.

I am thankful for my friends and my sisters in my sorority. They are always there when I need them. They are understanding and loving and ador Kyra. I am thankful for holidays and vacations. I'm thankful for the cold weather to cool my bones after a hot summer. I'm thankful for my healthy bones and immunity. I am also thankful for Kyra's health.

There is so much more that I am thankful for I simply cannot say it all. Lastly I am thankful for you reading all the way to the end. Have a great rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I love nursery songs too... although I was walking past the primary one time and heard them singing "Follow the Prophet" and it did seem sort of cult like... but I still remember loving that song! Your daughter is precious!